Review for March
- I started posting regularly on Instagram, but then I stopped because I felt like it was forced and wasn’t that interesting. I won’t try to post regularly in April, we’ll see in the future if I can come up with something interesting to do on Insta.
- I joined Clear the List 🙂
- I only went through the first unit of the Mimic Method due to some technical problems with the comments of Soundcloud that disappeared! But I did their Nasal Bootcamp for a week to train my ability to switch on and off the nasal vowels. Unless we can come up with a solution regarding Soundcloud, I don’t think I’ll keep doing the Mimic Method.
- I did mimic some basic videos of Easy Languages 🙂
I also did some other things that I hadn’t included in my post:
- I watched Damon & Jo’s Portuguese videos. They are two entertaining youtubers who travel the world and speak different languages (mainly English, Brazilian Portuguese and some French).
- I found two Brazilian singers that I like: Ivo Mozart and Daniela Araújo.
- I found a playlist with the Disney songs in Brazilian Portuguese.
- I made a first video speaking Portuguese.
Goals for April
- My goal is to learn Portuguese without using any sort of translation. BUT I noticed that I would go way faster at the beginning if I allowed myself only some translated sentences at the very beginning. So I’m going to translate some key phrases (with modal verbs and frequent words) on Google translate without focusing on their spelling but only the pronunciation.
- I also noticed that I need to give myself some short term goals to see where I’m going and to keep me motivated. So I want to make a video every two weeks (next week 4, week 6 and week 8) where I only speak Portuguese. I can talk about anything: my life, how I’m learning Portuguese, the news, …
- Another goal I want to set for myself: Learn the Brazilian song “Saber quem sou” from the Disney movie Moana.
- Each day, I have to talk to myself in Portuguese for a few minutes to practice and start thinking in Portuguese. I’ll use my translated sentences at the beginning, and then I’ll build vocabulary watching Youtube videos. I’ll use the Disney songs to practice the pronunciation.
See you next month!